Do you find the thought of filing a disability claim daunting? If you do, you are not alone. Many individuals visit attorneys to help with the process of filing a Social Security Disability claim. It is a smart idea to have someone who is familiar with the process guide you through step by step.
At our law office, Robert J. Ryan, Attorney at Law, we have experience with Social Security that will benefit you in your case. For 20 years, the attorney at our law firm has handled private cases for individuals who are filing disability claims or appealing decisions. Prior to that, attorney Ryan worked for 15 years for Social Security. His knowledge of the process will assist you in your case. We are located in Middlesex, New Jersey, and serve clients throughout the state in addition to clients residing in Pennsylvania and New York.
Disability Claim Process
- You will be asked to provide background information about your situation.
- You will be asked about any medical treatment you have had. This usually involves the doctors that you have seen and letting the government know who to contact.
- When you go to the Social Security office realize that the person working on your claim has no influence on deciding your claim — he or she is just gathering info.
- Your file is then handed to a different office that makes disability decisions.
- That office will obtain medical records and send them to a contracted private physician to review the information.
It is important to understand that this entire process takes between five and six months before the claim is answered. Remember that many claims are denied on the first application. If you claim was denied, do not lose hope. A very high percentage of claims are denied. You can appeal the denial.
Contact a New Jersey Social Security Disability Claim Attorney
If you are looking for a lawyer to assist you in filing your disability claim, you have come to the right place. Our law firm has handled hundreds of claims and knows the process well. To schedule an initial consultation with an attorney contact us by e-mail or by calling 732-733-4534 or toll free at 877-401-3514.